Select your level of study below to view admission requirements.
Undergraduate Freshmen Students
- New university students who have completed high school (secondary school)
- Have not completed any college level classes since high school graduation
Undergraduate Transfer Student
- Have completed college level (post-secondary) classes since high school graduation
- Have not completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree
- Have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree
- Wishes to pursue a master's degree or a second bachelor's degree
Western's English-as-a-Second Language Institute (WESL)
If you need to improve your English skills before beginning a degree program, WESL Institute may be right for you. The classes integrate training in reading, writing, speaking, and listening with academic development in a variety of subject areas.
Learn more about the WESL Institute >>>
Student Affairs Track Application Checklist: Priority Deadline January 5
Complete theApplication for Admissionwith the School of Graduate Studies. Please review the following steps for specifc application instructions for the CSP program.
- Graduate Assistantship Application and Personal Goals Statement
- Graduate Assistantship Application: Fill in the required fields.
- Personal Goals Statement: In 500-700 words, Please address the following essay prompt in your personal goals statement:
When choosing a graduate program, you are choosing an intellectual and professional community where you believe that you can learn and develop. How do you see the WIU CSP Program contributing to the development of your knowledge and skill?
- Additional Information: In this section, list the three names of the writers of your letters of recommendation. (You will also list these same names in the Recommendations section.)
- Resume and Essay
- Upload your Resume
- Upload your Essay: In 500-700 words, please answer the following essay prompt:
Graduate school is a time in which you are exposed to different views, describe your experience with encountering different perspectives.
- Signature: Once you are ready to submit your application, sign and submit.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- In the Recommendations sections of the application, add your three Recommendation Providers (same as above).
- These recommendations should be from individuals able to provide pertinent information regarding your skills, potential for success in the field of student affairs, maturity, and level of responsibility.
- At least one reference should be from a faculty member familiar with your academic ability.
- If you are completing the form online through Graduate Studies, your recommenders will receive an email from "Western Illinois University" <firstname.lastname@example.org> to the email address you provided with further instructions.
- Official transcript(s):
- Submit official transcript(s) of all previous undergraduate or graduate coursework completed at any college or university to the School of Graduate Studies.
Important Things to Consider
- The Priority Application deadline is January 5. Applications submitted after this date are reviewed on a space-available basis.
- Please allow at least two weeks for processing your application through the WIU School of Graduate Studies.
- If you are unable to submit your personal statement, resume, and/or writing sample at the time of your application submission (preferred method), you may alternatively submit these documents directly to the College Student Personnel program via the submission form.
- If you have questions or concerns about your application materials, please contact the CSP Recruitment and Orientation team by phone: (309) 298-2848, or email: email@example.com.