Writing a persuasive essay against abortion
Abortion has become a conflicting issue during past several years due to its tremendous rate of increase. Many people have started speaking for it. It is a strong topic and you can write very effective persuasive essay on it. There are multiple reasons or facts why or why not an abortion be taken.
You can start with the initial paragraph containing description of right of life. The start can be very interesting as well as emotional. For example, “think yourself the growing baby in a womb, expected to have a life outside after a specific period. But then, you are deprived of that life.” This is just an example of the start when you are writing against abortion. Such a start makes your essay effective and develops empathy of the reader as well.
You will start reasoning in the second paragraph. Every reason will comprise a paragraph and in that paragraph you give rationality behind that reason or argument along with the facts. There can be multiple reasons for abortion being a wrong choice.
- You cannot deprive someone of life just because it is inside you and you don’t want to take care of it. Fetus is a whole living being. You cannot choose to abort him just because it cannot speak for its right or it is not able to choose.
- Abortion is simply a murder because you are killing a living being for your own interests or reasons.
- You never know that what a big personality that baby can be. For example, he or she might turn into a great leader.
- Certain political, economical and majorly religious standpoints are also against abortion and provide several authentic points for not going for abortion as an option.
While you are giving reasons, try not to forget the opposite standpoint and describe a few exceptions where abortion can be legal and right. There are cases where life of mother is in danger and in order to save her life, the baby has to be aborted. This is like saving one life. There can also be other instances where abortion is preferable. But situations where mothers do it for no good reasons have to be strongly condemned.
And at the end, you must conclude all the reasons and restate your statement about abortion differently because repeating it in the same words will destroy your impression. At the very end should lay the concluding statement.
Second Claim Paragraph
Another reason abortion [should/should not] be legal is [that/the fact that] [provide your second claim for or against the legality of abortion.]
Another reason abortion [is/is not] [moral/ethical] is [that/the fact that] [provide your second claim about the moral or ethical status of abortion.]
- Abortion is a fundamental right guaranteed by the constitution (Roe vs. Wade)
- Abortion is a women's right to make decisions about her own body
- Abortion is not painful to the fetus
- Abortion, when legal, is safer
- Abortion can be a good financial decision
- Abortion is wrong because it is equivalent to the murder of a human being
- Life begins at conception, so fetuses have human rights
- Abortion is painful to the fetus
- Abortions can cause psychological trauma
- Abortion can cause major medical problems for the mother